How to make an appointment to see a Clinician at Dinnington Group Practice during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- At this time you are not able to book an appointment in person.
- Please phone the surgery that you are currently registered at.
- Dinnington 01909 562207
- Anston 01909 517433
- Woodsetts 01909 567342
- Our Highly skilled reception team will ask you some questions about the nature of your call They may ask you some questions about the condition you want to discuss with the clinician (this is to enable the receptionist can make you an appointment with the right clinician the first time)
- All our Doctors appointments are, in the first instance by telephone. Some of our nurse appointments are also by telephone.
- Once you have spoken with a clinician over the phone if it is necessary you may be offered a face to face appointment with an appropriate clinician at our Dinnington site. The Doctor will book this appointment with you during your telephone appointment.
- You could offered a video appointment if the clinician feels they can make an appropriate diagnosis via this method.
- Please make sure that if you have a face to face appointment at Dinnington surgery you do not arrive any earlier that 5 mins before your appointment time. This is to avoid having too many patients in the waiting room at any one time.
- When you arrive at Dinnington surgery please make sure that you have a face covering on before you enter the practice. Once in the practice please remove any gloves and use the hand sanitiser and report to reception.
- The receptionist at Dinnington Surgery will not be able to make appointments or deal with any queries that you may have as our reception team are all now located at Anston surgery and are contactable by telephone only.
- There are some telephone appointments available out of our normal core hours and on Saturday mornings that can be booked by either phoning reception on the above numbers or by downloading the Rotherham Health App on your phone via Apple App store or for android on Google Play.
A new appointment system is starting Monday 29th April 2019.
For an appointment to see a doctor or nurse you may call in or telephone the surgery at which you are registered:
- Dinnington Surgery - 01909 569456 between 08:00 – 18:00
- North Anston Surgery - 01909 517444 between 08:00 – 18:00
- Woodsetts Surgery - 01909 567342 between 08:15 – 18:00
The appointment system at Dinnington and Anston is now split in to two types. If you have an acute problem or a flare up of an existing condition we offer a drop in clinic system where no appointment is necessary.
Appointments with a Doctor in advance
If your problem is not urgent then you can book an appointment to see a GP face to face at a pre-arranged time up to two weeks in advance. These appointments will be available in the morning at Anston surgery and the afternoon at Dinnington surgery. This should improve continuity of care by being able to book with the same doctor. Through the online system, you will be able to see all available pre-bookable appointments that have been released. There are no extra or hidden appointments to book. What you see online is everything that is available at that time.
To use on line facilities you need to register for the service. Please contact reception for more details. You will need some photographic ID.
Appointments at the Dinnington and Anston Drop in Clinics
We offer a drop in clinic system, for an acute problem or a flare up of an existing condition, where no appointment is necessary. You can use either site Dinnington Drop in accepts patients to book in between 08:30 and 10:00 and Anston Drop in accepts patients between 14:30 and 16:00 Monday to Friday. Once you have booked in our team of Doctors, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, and Senior Nurses will see you. You will be seen in order of arrival unless there is a clinical need to see a patient out of turn. Everyone who arrives at the Drop in Clinic will be seen. We are aware of the waiting times and are constantly reviewing how we can keep this to a minimum.
First stop for minor ailments
You may also find help from one of the local pharmacies. The local Pharmacy’s Lloyds, Dinnington Late night, Heritage, North Anston Pharmacy, South Anston Pharmacy all provide a Minor Ailments service. You will be seen by a pharmacist who is qualified in the treatment of a variety of conditions. This service is free to all you will only pay for the medication that is either prescribed or recommended. If you are exempt from prescription charges or have a pre-payment card then there will be no charge Click here for more details Help from my Pharmacy
Appointments with a Nurse
If you need to see a nurse you can either phone or call in to the surgery and book directly with one of the nursing team.
Appointments with a Pharmacist
We now have a pharmacist as part of our clinical team who can offer expert advice on medication and is now part of the clinical team involved with medication reviews.
Appointments with a Physiotherapist
If you have a not yet seen a GP about your problem you can see a physiotherapist at Dinnington and Anston surgeries. Please ask reception staff for more details. You can also use the Rotherham Health App to book an appointment directly with this Physio First Service.
Extended Hours Appointments
These appointments are provided mainly for patients who are unable to attend for GP Appointments during the normal Surgery times shown above and need to be booked in advance. They are provided at Dinnington and North Anston Surgeries only on Mondays as follows: Some of these appointments are available to book on line. If you would like to register for on line appointments please contact reception for more details. You will need some photographic ID.
Evening: 18:30 to 20:00 (minimum of 21 appointments at each surgery)
Evening and Weekend Appointments
You can now book evening and weekend appointments at 4 hubs based across Rotherham
The appointments are routine which means they must be booked in advance and are not for urgent problems. You can book an appointment by contacting your usual GP Practice where you are registered, they will have access to all the available appointments .
The hubs will have appointments with any one or more of the following clinicians. GP, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurse and Health Care Assistant. The receptionist at your GP Practice will help to direct you to the right appointment type.
The Hub Surgeries are held at the following times and locations:
Dinnington Surgery – (New Street, Dinnington, S25 2EZ)
-Saturday Mornings (8am – 12 noon)
Broom Lane Surgery – (Broom Ln, Rotherham S60 3EW)
-Weekday Evenings (6.30pm – 8pm)
-Saturday Mornings (8am – 12 noon)
-Sunday Mornings (8am – 12 noon)
Kimberworth Park Surgery – (Langdon Rd, Rotherham S61 3QH)
-Saturday Mornings (8am – 12 noon)
Dalton Surgery – (Saville St, Dalton, Rotherham S65 3HD)
-Monday Evenings (6.30pm – 8pm)
-Saturday Mornings (9am – 1pm)
Get the Most From Your Appointment
Let us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
Tell us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters. Remember that results of tests can only be given to the patient.
Are you a Carer looking after an infirm, housebound person and unable to access the normal appointment system?
Please inform us when you telephone for an appointment and we will make every effort to make an appointment for you during a convenient time of the day.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
Text Message Reminder
Please click the link below to find out more about our text message service.
HAVE WE GOT AN UP TO DATE MOBILE NUMBER FOR YOU
The Rotherham Health App
To download the app log on to your app store and type Rotherham Health App This should take you to the download area. The app will allow you to book one appointment before it has verified your ID. You just need to bring some Photo ID and proof of address to your appointment for verification and Data protection.